Goji Berries has many health benefits and have been used for hundreds of years in Asia to improve your overall health. They are also called wolfberry and have a very bright red color which makes them very easy to identify.
You will find that in many health drinks today, they have used goji berries but in most cases they have added other ingredients which can strip out the health benefits of thisi berry. To get the best health benefits from this natural food, it is best to buy them in their natural form.
These types of berries are also known as a super food as they are very high in anti oxidants and can prevent free radicals from damaging the cells in your body which can cause many health problems in the future.
Below you will find the top 5 health benefits of goji berries and how it can help improve your overall health.
5 Best Health Benefits Of The Goji Berry
1. Reduces The Signs Of Aging : Goji Berries can improve the look of your skin as it is full of antioxidants which can keep your skin cells healthy and reduce wrinkles or fine lines especially on the face. They are also great as a snack, by eating a handful of dried berries it can give you many health benefits.
2. Reduce Stress Levels In The body : This natural food can also relax the body and give you calm. By making a tea with the berries which is very easy to do by simply boiling a small amount of berries in water and letting it stand for up to 10 minutes.
3. Improve Your Vision : Especially for individuals who are over 60 years of age, to protect the retina and also reduce the risk of age related macular regeneration also called AMD you can add more goji berries in your diet.
4. Cancer Treatment : There have been a few case studies in Asia which have shown that eating these berries can prevent more cancer cells from growing in the body. As every individual is different it may not work for everyone.
5. Lower Cholesterol : Eating more natural foods in your diet such as the wolfberry can help lower your cholesterol and also lower glucose levels in the body. These types of berries are also very affordable and should be added to your diet especially if you have suffered from high cholesterol for some time but it is important that you consult your doctor first.
So, What Do Goji Berries Taste Like?
They have a slight sour and tangy taste and have the same texture as a sultana or raisin. To get the full benefits of this berry it is best to be eaten raw , but you can also brew it as a tea or make a liquid tonic.
For best results, it is also recommended to buy organic berries as you will find they contain more anti oxidants to help give you better overall health. As there are many health benefits of goji berries, they should by included in your diet as much as you can and they are also very affordable and last a long time as you only use a small amount.
Credit Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.Net