A Detox Soup Recipe can effectively remove a build up of toxins in the body. These types of soups are great as they are easy to make and does not take up much of your time.When on a detox cleanse it is wise to have meals that are light so your digestive system is not overworked. Below I will list some Detox Soup recipes that you can try while on any detox cleanse.
There are many foods that you can buy that can help remove toxins from the body and are also a natural way to cleanse your system especially your major organs, by including these types of foods regularly in your diet you should not have to go on lengthy detox cleanses through out the year. Here are some recipes that you can try at home.
Broccoli Detox Soup.
This soup is great as broccoli is very nutritious,high in vitamin C and a good source of fiber. It is also one of the highest alkaline vegetables that you can eat.
600 grams of Broccoli roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
1.2 liters of water or chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Firstly boil the broccoli in the water or chicken stock until it is soft.
2. Before transferring it into a blender keep aside a quarter of the stock to be added later.
3. Start to blend the soup until it is smooth and then add the reserved liquid until you reach your desired consistency.Season to taste.
Lentil and carrot detox soup.
Carrots help your immune system,helps protect you against lung cancer and is very good for your skin.
1 t olive oil
1 small red onion chopped
30g (1oz) green lentils rinsed
200g (7oz) carrots chopped
650ml (1 pint 2fl oz) water or vegetable stock
1 small orange or mandarin juiced
salt and pepper.
1. Heat oil in pan
2. Add chopped onion and cook until soft
3. Add carrots and stir,cook for 5 minutes and then add the lentils and vegetable stock.
4. Cook for a further 20 minutes and then add the juice of 1 orange or mandarin.
5. Then add some sprigs of thyme and cook for a further 5 minutes.Add salt and pepper.
6. Let the soup cool then blend it to a smooth soup and add more liquid if you want your soup to be thinner.
Beetroot has been known to help the liver get rid of bad cholesterol from your body.As a detox soup it is great.You can have this soup hot or cold,but do not cook this soup for more than 30 minutes as your soup may turn brown instead of a red color.
3 raw beetroot
1t olive oil
half small onion chopped
a clove of garlic chopped
a half teaspoon of ground cumin
200-300g (7-10 oz) organic tomatoes
300ml (1/2 pint) of vegetable stock or water
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in pan,add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Add chopped beetroot,larger chunks of chopped beetroot will help retain more liquid and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Then add the vegetable stock,cumin and tomatoes
4. Simmer until beetroot is tender about 20 minutes.
5. Blend soup and add salt and pepper.Put the soup through a sieve until all the liquid is through.If eaten cold chill soup for two hours.
By including a detox soup recipe into your cleansing program, you will be successful in detoxing the body and also increasing your energy levels. If you have any detox soup recipe’s to share, post them below.